Sunday, August 4, 2013

"Vader. . .

you must confront Vader, only then a JEDI will you be." (YODA, Return of the JEDI)Have I mentioned how distracted I am now post accident? This movie is on while I am typing this and thought that this was a better title and start on my adversity post. I am giggling(Manly giggles, of course) to myself at the dorkiness of this connection to me facing my refiners fire in life to Luke Skywalker having to face Darth Vader to become a JEDI. A friend of mine, Randy Booth laughed when I talked with him about my kids telling me that YODA and Obione's spirits help Luke, He said that he had many conversations with mission companions about the similarities in the Gospel and in STAR WARS.
I was asked two weeks ago by Sister Roach, the Gospel Doctrine Sunday School teacher in my ward to share my thoughts about adversity. I planned on taking and reading Elder James E. Faust's talk, bu when going over it with Lex, she stopped me and reminded me that sister Roach was asking me to share my experience not give a lesson.So, It is interesting to me how people see me in a wheelchair and think that this is my greatest trial or adversity that I have faced and this is hard,I do not have a broken arm and a broken leg on my left side. I have a TBI, the pathways are not there or have to be reconnected in order for my body to work. there are daily things that I have to do for this to happen. This has given me the blueprint that i need to overcome my spiritual, and greatest adversity. The daily things that I do or do not do build me into what I may only become thanks to my Heavenly Father's plan and my Savior's atonement.

No comments:

Post a Comment