Wednesday, August 28, 2013

inheritance

"Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your kids"-unknown, from Emily Burr,my sister in-law's blog
I was sitting with my Pa and grandpa Baugh talking about reading, 'The God Who Weeps' and how much that we enjoyed it and laughed at how similar we are. I am glad that I inherited their since of humor along with their love of learning and gift of gab.I would tell parents at the KUED Ready to Learn workshops that I did for work, that My mom would make us do three things when we got home from school: wash our hands, get a healthy snack and then do our homework.She would also have all of us take turns reading out loud to her. Education was always the most important emphasis for her, spiritual as well as temporal things, always looking forward to BYU education week, listening to scriptures, both ancient and modern while working out and doing household chores, and working in the temple.She is also the master planner, if you want to know what is the plan for Christmas next year, or when her granddaughter in New Mexico starts school, check her wall calendar in the kitchen
My in laws are commendable for their sought after qualities as well, Lexy's mom, Nanna loves to serve others, working with adults with disabilities and read. Her father,Papa, Shafe loves to clean things, Loves sports and express his love to his family through service and by telling them.
It makes me wonder what my own kids will be excited to see as their inheritance from their fabulous mother and DORK of a father.

No comments:

Post a Comment