Monday, August 26, 2013

Turning the frown up side down/The Best Abb Workout that I Know of

Lex in her organized chaos moved the computer downstairs to our computer center armour, she now has a kitchen counter back and I can be down here and be with the kids, Brilliancy strikes again!So my Colester runs down the stairs in front of me, turns around when he reaches the bottom, looks up at me with a how can I help you?-I Know of a smile and yells at me, Jump daddy!Jump!So, I get a ton of therapy in going up and downstairs regulating where all the kids are.
Pre-bowel obstruction surgery, touchdown like celebration noises coming from our bathroom on a successful poop and Lex telling me that I may want to work on that, going back to work and being in a stall in the restroom making those sounds, other men may wonder what I am doing in there.

Having to bring Coleman into the bathroom with me because I am afraid of what he will do without my supervision.For example, lex watched him when she put one of his toys on time out because Max and him where fighting over it, He moved a chair to the bookshelf, ran upstairs and brought his stool down to put on the chair, still could not reach, so went downstairs to get a toy lightsaber, and knocked down the toy down with it.This kid has great problem solving skills that will serve him well as long as he survives long enough to be an adult.
Laughing at a episode of Dinosaur Train titled 'everyone poops.' I love PBS.

Having a high school friend drop by and leave flowers for Lex, just to say "thanks for being a good friend."Thank you Kirin. You are a great friend too.

Comparing Maxwell to Sheldon on Big Bang Theory. It makes his emotional tantrums bearable and miss him now that he is in kindergarten for half of the day.

My speech therapist up at the hospital was Darrin. I gave him the nickname of 'saxaphone assassin' because of a story that he told me that when he was in middle school he played the saxaphone and they played at the white house, they would not let him take his saxaphone case in because it had not been searched.

My kids applauding me when I take steps around the house without my hiking stick or cane
Matt playing Therapist and backing up, like our swim teachers did while we swam to them,when Abby told me to walk to him without my hiking pole. he laughed and reminded me, "Everyone is a therapist."

Lex getting home and telling me that she thought of me and bought new dishwasher tablets that are not individually wrapped- no more opening them with my teeth, and when a guest presenter at her school training spoke on 'greatness' and purposed that they read more than one book at a time on different subjects.

I have the bad habit of staying in my wheelchair while reaching for things in the kitchen cabinets, yesterday, I did this and set off the 'pam' spray that had lost its cap and was cinched between the top shelf.Abby came running over when I started laughing and screaming at the 'pam' spraying at me.

My kids calling for Uncle Mike over me or Lex at his pool.Coleman swimming at the pool, he wants to grow up so fast.
Remembering that last year when Lex went back to work, how I would have to leave a trail of marshmallows to get Coleman to come to me to get his diaper changed. Now he will use the potty when promised a treat.
Abby going with Maxwell to back to school night and sharing with him all the things that he needs to know and worry about; fire drills, lockdowns, and earthquake drills. Thanks my Abby princess, Max wasn't worried until now. I am glad that Max has a older sister to look out for him. Love you both.
Max was to do some kindergarten testing, so Lex arranged to take him. She called me to make sue that he was ready to go, that she was running late and would just pull up and honk. I waited anxiously with him ready to go by the front door. I told him the plan and he asked me if he could wait out on the front porch, I agreed and watched him lie down while waiting, then go to the lawn, pull down his pants and pee on our front lawn. I was furious and laughing hysterically.How did he think that this was alright to do? Without laughing in his presence, I yell at him to come inside and use the bathroom inside, to which he replied that he didn't have to go anymore.I did make him come in and wash his hands, while attempting to explain to him that we are not dogs and do not go potty outside even when we pretend to be an animal.
Having my grandparents jump up and offer me their seat at the table and serve me dinner.

Asking Coleman to bring me some toilet paper and him bring me a few sheets, it was better than nothing.

Coleman telling my twin bro, that,"I not a bro, I Cole!"
Role reversing with Lex coming home from work and me waiting by the door excited to talk to a grown up, asking her 50 questions before she can get through the door. Her telling me that she just got home and would like not to think about work until after her headache is gone.

Her coming home a few days latter, skipping and crying for joy to show me the copy of her student's published, and signed, children's book.

No comments:

Post a Comment