Saturday, August 3, 2013

Comparison

At the last Doctor's appointment that I had I mentioned to Dr. Speed that I really only had problems when I compared my life now to how it was before the accident. He was kind, yet direct in his response that it was not a fair comparison and will not help me to continue to do it. I know that the root of pride is this comparison that we usually use against yourself and others. It never occurred to me that we could use it Just comparing myself in different times in my life, but I am also finding that it will be as equally as damaging,unproductive, and damning; limiting my progress now.
It is something that I like to call the fungshway of satan. He will use your momentum, no matter the direction and use it against you. It has a very eastern feel to it, but does not make it any less of a problem for me as a westerner.
It can also go the other way of comparing my progress; I would have never imagined being where I am today and all the victories of a CHAMPION I have had, as well as the ones to come. In your FACE satan, how do you like them apples?! Pow!

No comments:

Post a Comment