Tuesday, August 13, 2013

"Logitudinal Perspective"

is a Neal A. Maxwellism.The favorite chapter in A Thing of Wonder, for my grandparents is on the idea that the saddest phrase in the English language is “If only . . . ” because it makes us focus on the past. If instead we are able to say, “Next time . . . ,” we can use our experiences as learning building blocks to success instead of potholes of yesterdays and discouragement. I am preaching more to myself than to anyone else, “Next time. . . ’You have to start somewhere/some time, Why not here and now? I have tried to live reminding myself that the mindset of, “Life shouldn't be this way” is not productive. To counteract this pothole, I think about some counsel that Lex told me that her bishop, bishop White told her, “That there are no surprises for God. He knows everything.” It is up to us to choose what we will do with Life’s challenges, expected ones and all others. Our Heavenly Father is able to consecrate our efforts and make them beneficial for us, if we have the “longitudinal perspective” to see them as He does. Hindesight is usually 20/20, but in the moment, it is another perspective.

No comments:

Post a Comment