Sunday, August 18, 2013

It's about time"

Comes from the LDS ad campaign.
When I was in 6th grade, My teacher found a poem in our reading time slot of the day and marked it on the board as "Curtis' poem" it was all about time. In our 6th grade 'getting to know you' survey I filled out that I was most afraid of 'time.' I remember being a sophomore in high school and my Pa driving me to some school function, I was confiding in him my concerns about the fears I had about the future(which I am not able to recall what they were at the time). He lovingly told me to enjoy the time that I had to grow up.
One of my Pa's "Dadisms" is,"This too, shall pass." I talked to my bishop a few months ago about how I was doing as full time Mr. Mom and how much work it is. I am excited to have this time with my family. I love them and know this is what I chose to come back to life for.
"To everything there is a season"(Psalms)school, work,play,study,rest, crying, laughing, planting,growing, harvesting.
Thanks to a Loving Father in Heaven we are here to experience a time to be tested and proved. No matter our circumstances, we all have been given the same amount of hours in a day to do with what we see fit. I know that I will be held accountable for the time that I have been given. My twin bro, Matt said that one of his neighbors made the comment in Sunday School that she did not like the excuse of,"I don't have time." In response to a opportunity to serve. She went on to say that she has time to watch a favorite TV show and what she responds is,"We have to make it a priority and make time." I agree, in a time that we have so many distractions, I have to prioritize what I use my energy doing or not doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment