Saturday, August 10, 2013

Choice

It is what the war in heaven was fought over.Lex came home from one of her training days at Paradigm High school and told me about a comment that Dave,another mentor made about how "there are really only two powers in the world: force and obedience, not forced obedience, but obedience out of love." She said, It made sense and made me think about how we are the only creation of our Heavenly Fathers that are still figuring out that it is in our best interest to choose to align our will to His. You are one smart cookie Babe and work with some fine thinkers too.
I have two choices as we all do, "Get busy living or to get busy dieing."(Shawshank Redemption)Thank you Patrick Funk for helping me with the source of the quote. I choose last night to walk down the hall way upstairs without my cane, which meant that this morning I had to walk from my bedroom to the stairs without it. I was on a roll, so have been given my rolling wheelchair a break today. In A Thing of Wonder the author defines tragedy; "As not some sorrow that happens to us but what we miss."I am learning that the only thing holding me back is myself. I do not want fear to dictate the direction of my life. "We walk by faith not by sight"(Corinthians 5:7)It has been said, "Life is what you make of it." One of my PTs commented that I must get around pretty good at home. I hung my head down and said that I still used my wheelchair here because I was afraid to fall. You will be sick and tired until you are sick and tired of being sick and tired, that is when you do something. I am at that breaking point now in my life with Lex starting back at work and Abby and Max back in school at the end of this month. It will be me and my buddy Colester here.

No comments:

Post a Comment