Monday, August 19, 2013

Novelty V.S. Stagnation

"Once they knew that some changes were for the better, and others for the worse, and others again indifferent".We read from Screwtape in his letters to Wormwood. He continues, "We have largely removed this knowledge." Remember that this is a devil speaking/training another devil,"For the descriptive 'unchanged' we have substituted the emotional adjective 'stagnant.'" The point here being, "We have retained them to think of the Future as a promised land which favored heroes attain-not as something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." I fall into this trap of thinking, ""one day..." I think that it has a compound reason to it of my fear and procrastination, Much like the dreaded side effect of urinary urgency and retention, this combination is not conducive to Making the most out of life.
My challenge with my TBI is I deal with change differently, I have a shorter fuse and am more prone to turn to anger, than seeking out an escape valve to blow off steam. on the other side, I attempt to relish the mundane moments from waking up and breathing deeply to giggling with my kids at their crazy, dork of a dad.

No comments:

Post a Comment