Monday, August 12, 2013

progress

Discouragement has been and continues to be a stumbling block for me. I surround myself with positive ideas and crave powerful inspirational successes, am constantly reminding myself of Neuroworx’s founder Dale Hull’s saying about progress: “that it is glacially slow, others will see the big chunks break off.” Meanwhile I feel every millimeter of scraping friction that is the price to pay
I also encourage outlets to let my guard down and laugh at myself and life. Friday at therapy I walked a mile in the Locomat and then did a few laps inside without my hiking pole to try and get carryover. My Pa was there to be Dr. Baugh and encourage me, telling me that, “if you fall, It will be slow because I have you by this gait belt.” Thanks my Pa.
On Saturday, I had a day off from using my wheelchair and gave the yellow beauty a much needed rest. Yesterday, Lex told me how proud and excited she was for me, saying, There is no way you would have or could have done that three years ago.Yor therapists and doctors at the hospital said that your brain has to prioritize and not only worry about healing, but has to work harder just to do the basics. Now let's continue, get down on the floor with Coleman and remember to do as much as you can at home so when you are at therapy you use it to all the potential that you are able to, so here we go, rejoicing at every Victories of a CHAMPION along the way, as small or minute as they may seem, celebrations of any kind in my life are much appreciated and a main arch nemesis to discouragement. Tonight I am excited to have the wedding shower of my Lacer to look forward to, speaking of progress, Jake she is a major find and way out of your league, and anyone's for that matter- don't ever forget it.Don't worry, I married up too, way out of my league and it was the best choice I ever made. We are excited for you to be joining our crazy family.Love you both

No comments:

Post a Comment