Sunday, June 30, 2013

Acceptance

My Pa gave me a book titled, 'How to Stop worrying and Start Living.' by Dale Carnegie. In it He talks about accepting the worst and then moving forward from there. I have come to grips with life not being fair. I would not change my life except for the mistakes that I have made, so I do that by living each new day as a new life. I have the faith not to be healed. I try my best to mimic 'Thy will, not mine be done.' Because I believe that a loving Heavenly Father knows what I need out of life in order to reach my potential.Not to say that at times that I do not think about  "If I Had a Million Dollars," yes now I am singing the Bare Naked Ladies song in my head, go ahead sing-along with me, you know that you want to. Yesterday I was at Neuroworx talking with family members of other patients that were there about our progress and what had happened to bring us to seeking out Neuroworx. I usually do not ask the other patients there about their injuries because I do not want to define them by it and they are usually preoccupied with therapy when there.I was amazed as I have been in the past, when I learned of Their stories. I believe that there is no one we would not love once we  get to know them and their story. Jesse and Samantha, I love you both and am excited to see your continual efforts and triumph of first accepting, now overcoming adversity.

No comments:

Post a Comment