Monday, July 1, 2013

Complaining never got anyone anywhere


Is a philosophy that I have tried to live.It may make you feel better, but it doesn't really help anyone else. My twin brother Matt gave me a quote from Helen Keller that I have committed to memory,"Just because you are in pain, doesn't mean you have to be one."
The founder of Neuroworx, Dale Hull, told my Pa that he allows himself a 5 minute pity part everyday and then he lives on. I am reminded of a Neal A. Maxwell quote, "Meanwhile, the discontented continue to build their own pools of self-pity, some Olympic size.(Content with the things allotted unto us, April 2ooo)" Let's not drownd ourselves. We had a rule in my hospital room:do not hurt Curtis. I am learning that means that I need to not hurt myself by complaining my life away. My antidote is gratitude. looking for the small and simple miracles that are in everyday life; a smile, kids laughter, being able to see and breath. 

No comments:

Post a Comment