Thursday, July 18, 2013

Conversion,Use it or lose it

It is a sad biological, tangible evidence truth; neuro pathways have to be used to make them work consistently and reliably. I see my kids tackle and play with each other, laughing as blissfully as kids are able and think of their bodies and brains developing as they should. I am grateful that they get this life to do that healthily. In those moments I remind myself that I can do this TBI challenge in life as long as I get to feel my children's happiness with them. It is great to be using my brain to make happiness with them

I am reminded of the "Challenge to Become," a general conference talk by Elder oaks,"A parable illustrates this understanding. A wealthy father knew that if he were to bestow his wealth upon a child who had not yet developed the needed wisdom and stature, the inheritance would probably be wasted. The father said to his child:

“All that I have I desire to give you—not only my wealth, but also my position and standing among men. That which I have I can easily give you, but that which I am you must obtain for yourself. You will qualify for your inheritance by learning what I have learned and by living as I have lived. I will give you the laws and principles by which I have acquired my wisdom and stature. Follow my example, mastering as I have mastered, and you will become as I am, and all that I have will be yours.”

This parable parallels the pattern of heaven. The gospel of Jesus Christ promises the incomparable inheritance of eternal life, the fullness of the Father, and reveals the laws and principles by which it can be obtained.

We qualify for eternal life through a process of conversion. As used here, this word of many meanings signifies not just a convincing but a profound change of nature. . . ..Our needed conversions are often achieved more readily by suffering and adversity than by comfort and tranquility, (October 200, Elder Oaks)"I  Know that we become what we consistently do here and seek to put of the 'natural man(Mosiah 3:19)' to continue to use my testimony to be converted.

No comments:

Post a Comment