Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Clean to dirty

This was one of the many life relateble lessons that I learned from my CNA certification. We were taught to clean another person first starting where they would be the most clean and then move to dirtier parts of the body. I find myself rehearsing this in cleaning my home, so not to drag a mess all over the first floor living space.I also thought of this when I heard Elder Hollands general conference talk, when he explained the man's plea to Jesus of, "help Thou my unbelief,"Observation number one regarding this account is that when facing the challenge of faith, the father asserts his strength first and only then acknowledges his limitation. His initial declaration is affirmative and without hesitation: “Lord, I believe.” I would say to all who wish for more faith, remember this man! In moments of fear or doubt or troubling times, hold the ground you have already won, even if that ground is limited. In the growth we all have to experience in mortality, the spiritual equivalent of this boy’s affliction or this parent’s desperation is going to come to all of us. When those moments come and issues surface, the resolution of which is not immediately forthcoming, hold fast to what you already know and stand strong until additional knowledge comes(Lord, I Believe, April 2013).

No comments:

Post a Comment