Sunday, July 14, 2013

Reality

When I worked for KUED, a PBS station out of the University of Utah, I was the Ready to Learn Coordinator and helped to develop and present workshops on  topics ranging from media literacy,being smart about our media diet, to culture. We basically followed the psychology behind the PBS show Reading Rainbow, and took the given topic, and did VIEW-READ-DO with it, giving educational programming ideas with a children's book give away and pairing them with a hands on activity. It was a fun challenging, and rewarding job that I enjoyed immensely.
In researching for our 'media literacy' workshop, I found out that of 'Ken' and 'Barbie,' 'Ken's' body has changed the most over the years, with a toned 6-pack and rippling muscles. Our kids presented 'reality' through the media is scary at its best and revolting at its worst.
I gave a lesson in Sunday school, a while back about the choice we have when our reality or actions do not match up with our belief; we can choose to rationalize or behavior and continue acting out or we can choose to repent and change our behavior to once again match our belief. Our reality, our choice.
My 'reality' is different now, post accident. I experience time at a different pace, wear my emotions on my sleeve, and am even more spatially challenged.With my 20% vision cut on my left with my left neglect, I have told Lex that we live by her reality and not mine.
Our reality is:Compared to God we are nothing, but to God we are everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment