Tuesday, July 23, 2013

LOCO

I am. My friend and neighbor Jodi Fountaine says that, "as long as you can say that you are crazy, you aren't, because only crazy people believe that they are not."First off, I am a Psychology degree graduate and studied Psych to figure myself out-it just confused me more. I am currently reading 7 books, I love to clean, laugh at myself when I make life more difficult than it has to be,cry at Hallmark commercials,am currently writing 14 posts, that are in 'draft' form, and cannot decide what I want to be when I grow up-I am convinced growing up is over rated anyway.
One of my therapists gave me a book titled, How to think like Leonardo Da'vinci. I do not remember a lot of it, but what I do and have tried to apply in my life is to take a step back from a project to look things over and come back to it with fresh eyes and energy.
"We writers(preacher and reformers at heart) are forever trying to tell people how to rearrange their personalities, and reorder their lives. We sound very sure of ourselves, very Olympian, very grand.But the truth is, most of the time we are preaching at ourselves."   (A Touch of Wonder,179)

No comments:

Post a Comment