Saturday, July 20, 2013

clonus

Clonus, as I understand it is when my muscle craves input, so it contracts and then relaxes quickly, a involuntary muscle spasm in a person with neurological damage. I find that if I am not actively engaged in something good, I go into clonus, so to speak. Lex always asks me 'why I do things in the most difficult way possible, I am not as smart as you are Babe and now have clonus to boot. Another clonus principle example is my Coleman, if I or anyone gives him a task to do he is determined to do it at all cost, and does it happily. He is our driven one, in trouble or not, he has that drive going for him.Give me something to do. Do something yourself, so not to go into clonus. We are to be "anxiously engaged in a good cause" and not commanded in all things (D&C 58:27).C. S. Lewis writes of the clonus principle, "The great thing is to prevent him doing anything . . . Let the little brute wallow in it. Let him, if he has any bent that way write a book about it; that is often an excellent way to sterilize the seeds which the enemy plants in the human soul. Let him do anything but act." (Screwtape Letters, 66-67)

No comments:

Post a Comment