Wednesday, July 24, 2013

What's it like not being a twin?

Matt is the good twin. He loves to tell people that he is 2 mins. younger than me because he kicked me out! He is a blue/white on the psych color personality test and loves peace and getting along with everyone.I love having him as my best friend and am not sure how everyone who is not a twin manages without one. My Grandma Baugh gave me a B-day card with a poem in it that she said my Grandpa loved to sing with one of his brothers, 
"Two little boys had two little toys,
Each had a wooden horse.
Gaily they played, each summer's day
Warriors, both of course.
One little chap had a mishap
Broke of his horses head.
Wept for his toy, then cried with joy
When his brother said:

Did you think I would leave you crying
When there's room on my horse for two?
Climb up here Jack and don't be crying
It can go just as fast with two.
When we grow up we'll both be soldiers
and our horses will not be toys,
And I wonder if we'll remember,
When we were two little boys."

Long years past, the war came at last,
Proudly they marched away
Cannon roared loud in the mad crowd
Wounded and dying Joe lay,
Up goes a shout, a horse dashes out
Out from the ranks of Blue.
Gallops away, to wear Joe lay,
Then came a voice brave and true:

"Did you think I would leave you dying
When there's room on my horse fore two?
Climb up here Joe, we'll soon be flying
To the ranks of the boys in blue.
Did you say Joe I'm all a tremble
Well it may be the battle's noise,
Or it may be that I remember,
When we were two little boys."
Matt has always been there for me and now lives a mile away. From switching classes for April Fools Day in 5th grade to taking a class together up at the U and wondering why we didn't take all our courses together because of our competitive nature we both did really well. We would carpool to work, train for half marathons together, and he still checks on me everyday, and helped me get showered when I could not do it by myself.He, with my two friends Ryan Morris and Bret Borg share the title of hardest workers.I love him and he brings out the best in me. He told me that when I was in the hospital and they did not know if I was going to make it, "I couldn't imagine a world without you, I wouldn't know what to do."Thanks to his and my families faith and prayers, I am still here, I love you all..



No comments:

Post a Comment