Thursday, July 11, 2013

I will be happy when . . ./My life starts when .. .

I was at Neuroworx when a cute volunteer named Jamie came over to help hold me down while I writhed in discomfort from my therapist Ginger stretching me. Jamie looked at me,smiled warmly and said, "Can't you wait for your life to start when you are normal?"I looked back into her sincerely hopeful eyes and said, My life is happening now, Do not wait for your life to start when . . . you are here now helping me.I am glad that you are here. Thank you" She teared up when she mentioned that she wanted for her knight in shinning armor to come and save her to be able to have her happy ending.
Far too often I fall into the thought that things will be better when . . . President Utchdorf said in the April 2011 Priesthood session of general conference,"Brethren, let’s make sure to set our “do it” switch always to the “now” position!

As you read the scriptures and listen to the words of the prophets with all your heart and mind, the Lord will tell you how to live up to your priesthood privileges. Don’t let a day go by without doing something to act on the promptings of the Spirit."
Life is happening NOW. Lex gave me a decoration for Christmas last year with the quote from President Thomas S. Monson,"The past is behind us, LEARN from it. the future is coming, PREPARE for it. The present is here, LIVE it"

No comments:

Post a Comment