Sunday, June 9, 2013

hate being the bad guy

I love my kids and would love to be their best friend, but they need me to be a parent, which means I get to be the one who helps them understand life and consequences. Not my idea of fun, even knowing the importance of what I attempt to do does not make it easy, it makes it necessary, yes.  I am coming to on having a greater respect for my own parents with all of their imperfections, yet doing what they could with what they had been given to work with. Elder Holland said, "Except in the case of His only perfect Begotten Son, imperfect people are all God has ever had to work with. That must be terribly frustrating to Him, but He deals with it. So should we(Lord I Believe, April 2013 )."
I think of my time as a ready to Learn Presenter for KUED and the workshop that I did on 'Parenting Counts,' I would tell the parents that growing up what is now called positive reinforcement was just called bribing,  who knows what our children will call it when they do it to their kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment