Saturday, June 15, 2013

wanting to go home

My last week or so in the hospital, was terribly long. I would have pain, get a horrible headache, followed by violent vomiting. My Doctors could not figure out what the problem was. I had to be cleared to go home by the Neurologist and Gastrointologist. I remember sitting up one night with my Pa and asking him just to take me home.I later was able to look back and see what I really wanted was for everything to go back to the way it was before the accident. My pre-accident life will never come, as in the lyrics to a song in "Ragtime' the musical my wife is currently in, "We can never go back to the way things were before." I have changed and my life choices are now in line with my goal to get back to a Heavenly Home.
I needed this course correction from my Father in Heaven. Much like in 'Wreck it Ralph,' where he hangs Penelope up and wrecks her go-cart, telling her"I am doing this for your own good,"My Heavenly Father loved me enough to answer my prayers and that of my family and friends by humbling this wreck of a person, me, to a physical wreck  I am glad to know that He is in charge and despite difficult times that come to all of us in this life, He has provided the way back to Him by providing a perfect plan with Our Perfect Savior Jesus Christ to save us as we live His gospel truths. Thanks to Them, I am 'Homeward bound Again,' being healed from all of life's wrecks big and small, physical and spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment