Sunday, June 23, 2013

TBI lessons

Living with TBI is difficult. Multitasking has become a way of life for many of us, talking on a phone while driving, texting and walking, watching TV, while 'studying.' Now I am able to only do one thing at a time and focus full on that. Life is slower for me in many ways, but I am grateful to be able to experience 'the eternal now'of every moment and the fact that everyday is a new life and opportunity to grow and learn. I can remember having a math teacher in high school that was also the cross-country coach. He told us all many times that he loved Math and running because they were a challenge.I laughed with my high school colleges at how old he sounded when he said that, after all we were all about fun, not challenges, yawn.
I experience time differently now.I live in the eternal now and cannot filter things I cannot comprehend as easily the fact that 'this too shall pass,' as my Pa constantly reassures me.

No comments:

Post a Comment