Wednesday, June 12, 2013

'Invictus'- staying alive

"Out of the night that covers me,
Black as the Pit from pole to pole,
I thank whatever gods may be
For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
I have not winced nor cried aloud.
Under the bludgeonings of chance
My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
Looms but the Horror of the shade,
And yet the menace of the years
Finds and shall find me unafraid(William Ernest Henley , Wikipedia, June 2013,) "

My twin brother told me that as I lay in the medically induced comma, he recited this from memory to me and I started to mouth the words with him. I love you broski. My 'unconquerable soul' comes at a price paid by my Savior Jesus Christ. I love Him and live because of Him, He gives me hope to stand and walk through this veil of tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment