Saturday, June 15, 2013

Homecoming

I came home from the hospital in October 2011 to a hero's welcome, Superman decorations were everywhere with red, blue and yellow balloons.My Maxwell and Abby girl were thrilled to see their dad without a neck brace or breathing tracheotomy.Neighbors and friends had built a ramp in my garage, so that my two story dream home was accessible to me.My family room on the main level doubled as my bedroom.Come to find out in 'The Man of Steel' movie that the 'S' symbol signifies hope, a 'Superman redo that is worth seeing, although Christopher Reeves will forever be the real 'Superman,' to me not only because of his classic portrayal of the super hero,that my mother said she would see us boys watching without the sound on because we had memorized every word in it, but because of his real world, CHAMPION rehabilitation, and now non profit foundation as well.Can I be you when I grow up?
I long for the ultimate homecoming, to reach a Heavenly Home, when my time is over here. I am not afraid to die and am grateful for that peace, It makes my life here even more enjoyable and worthwhile. For now and hopefully for eternity my home is where you are, my Lexy. I love you Babe, thank you for making our house a home. A house is just a place, a home is where love reigns and hope is nourished.

No comments:

Post a Comment