Saturday, May 25, 2013

Simple.

I am learning life is: simple:'adjective
1.
easy to understand, deal with, use, etc.: a simple matter; simple tools.
2.
not elaborate or artificial; plain: a simple style.
3.
not ornate or luxurious; unadorned: a simple gown.
4.
unaffected; unassuming; modest: a simple manner.
5.
not complicated: a simple design.'(Dictionary.com, may 2013)

Before the accident, I would start my day by running up to nursing school, bring a protein-shake with me to drink for breakfast, studying and going to clinicals, and then a full time job of working for KUED as their Ready to Learn Coordinator, teaching, preparing materials for, designing and training other presenter  on hour long bilingual workshops to parents and caregivers in two counties, getting home to study, say hello and goodnight to my family to be ready to do it the next day. Now I am just as busy as Mr.mom, and therapy twice a week, but I have learned to slow down and even took the time to watch my oldest, Abby wake up one morning. It was unforgettable. 
Now, I do not mean to infer in anyway,that life is easy, it is tough to choose to live with our own faults and shortcomings, not to mention others'.

1 comment:

  1. Curt I love this thought. Most of the time I just want to fast forward life 3 years from now so we could be back in utah and have more of our debt paid off. But I think it is really important to slow down and appreciate the time we are in right now. Thanks for reminding me, love you

    ReplyDelete