Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Self-medicating

We all do it to some degree or another, my therapist  told me a few years ago that I just needed to do it with a healthier thing that I was currently doing, so I started to run, nothing like my friend Borg mind you with his now 1 IronMan and 17+ Marathons, talk about CHAMPION! But, as demeaning it is in the comparison, my half marathons were my out. with life changes as they are now, I am finding that this project to be getting me excited about life again, by connecting me to others.

1 comment:

  1. I'm far from Champion. I fully understand this post, spot on. People ask me why I do what I do and when I respond that it is a break, a release, a way to get a way and that it makes me happy- they think I am crazy.
    It helps me celebrate the small victories, gives me goals, and positive vibes.
    Find your medicine man, let me know if I can help.

    ReplyDelete