Thursday, May 16, 2013

defined

I figured that I should define where it is that I am coming from. It is a running(relearning how to walk) joke between my Pa and I that, 'life is therapy,' we usually bring this up to one another, sharing a smile and a few lighthearted laughs, when something therapeutic or challenging comes our way.

'Life is a characteristic that distinguishes objects that have signaling and self-sustaining processes from those that do not,[1][2]either because such functions have ceased (death), or else because they lack such functions and are classified as inanimate.[3][4]Biology is the science concerned with the study of life.' (Wikipedia, May 2013)


My Pa has always told me that 'life is exchanging one set of problems for another.'He is also always quick to say, "life is tough, then you die." I would not do trying to define life justice, without quoting the 'Princess Bride and Wesley saying to Buttercup,"Life is pain!Your Highness, anyone who says otherwise is selling something."
In my grandparent's favorite book,'A Touch of Wonder,' the author states, "There are two types of people, one who see life as a privileged. The other see life as a problem."
Peter Brienholt, sings, "They say that to live is to sorrow" 

'Therapy (Latin therapīaGreekθεραπεία) literally means "curing, healing"[1] and is the attempted remediation of a health problem, usually following a diagnosis. In the medical field, it is synonymous with the word "treatment". Among psychologists, the term may refer specifically to psychotherapy or "talk therapy".' (Wikipedia, May, 2013)

"Talk was cheep until I started talking to professionals"BNL
The physical Therapist that I have worked with the most is Terri, I was blessed to be working with her as she was training a few PT students. I tried my best to learn what they were learning. I am a geek like that, If I could afford it I would go to school forever. I love learning. Terri defined what she did as a therapist as 'service,' not 'help,' because that would infer that her clients were 'helpless'  
The thing about therapy and life for that matter,is that it never gets all 'fine and dandy,' you are always going to be stretched and pulled to get you to the next step or ability. I am reminded of a Neal A. Maxwell saying, "Where you are and where He(Our Father in Heaven) wants you to be requires some stretching at times." the flesh and even my spirit has cried, 'Uncle!' i am glad not to be in charge of life's therapy schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment