Friday, May 31, 2013

Mr Mom

For those of us who grew up in the 80's, we remember the movie 'Mr. Mom' and all the hilarious things the stay at home dad has to deal with, now that is my life with my own kids afraid of our version of 'Jaws,' the vacuum. In one of my cabin-fever, 'I brought you into this world and I can take you out of it moments,' I called my Pa to be able to get a grip and a better perspective on the situation. He gave me the best compliment that he has ever given me and said, 'Curtis it is a good thing that you have a passion for being a dad.' Thank you and love you my Pa. I have big shoes to fill and am grateful for your example. I am far from perfect, but I know that I am here for a reason. A few years ago, when I was working at Horizonte I went to a training where the presenter asked us to stand and introduce yourself to the group and state what our dream job would be. I said that mine would be a stay-at-home-dad, be careful what you wish for.

No comments:

Post a Comment