Monday, May 13, 2013

Relearning to walk

One of my friends at Nueroworx, where I do my physical therapy, is Mark, who is a bit older than I and has a spinal cord injury. Last week when I came in he was on their new exoskeleton machine the Locomat and asked me how long it took me to relearn to walk. I laughed and said that I was still a work in progress. He then laughed and said 'we all are Curtis,' very true my friend, very true and profound. I do all right. It has been a grueling process,Dale Hull who is the founder of Neuroworx and a recovering spinal cord injury patient as well told me, at my first visit to Neuroworx, which was also my first time meeting Dale, 'your progress will be glacerly slow, other people will see the big chunks fall off, but you will feel every grating and grinding millimeter on the way.' Here's to moving forward as a CHAMPION.

No comments:

Post a Comment