Sunday, May 5, 2013

My kids saved me

Isn't it suppose to be the other way around? I have already mentioned my larger than life Abby, her kindergarten teacher gave her the title of her very own 'Ann of Green Gables' because of her concern for others and imagination
Maxwell is the superhero in my life always giving me the role of master bad guy and now that Coleman has grown so naturally into that role in his life, I got upgraded to a silly clown like side-kick that provides the comic relief. You, my Maxwell were named after my favorite Apostle and amazing thinker. I am glad that your mind is tuned to good humor and saving people from their sorrows by making me smile at your heroic tasks of getting a diaper and wipes for me to help change Coleman. You are my little hero. I love you.
Coleman, as I am writing this you are watching your brother and sister run around in the backyard as you yell at me that you want to be out there with them. . . .  bribing you, they call it positive enforcement now, with a lifesaver of all things to get a diaper change and shoes on, by the time we get that done Abby and Max have come back inside and you have found something to hit Max with. If I live through you trying to raise me as a parent I hope to be more patient and slower to get angry. You got a Darth Vader sticker on your chart for throwing your'izzguzzing (disgusting)! diaper away, master vilan indeed. Coleman I am your father.'

No comments:

Post a Comment