Monday, May 20, 2013

Circle of influence

'I am like an onion'(Shrek) I have always been guilty of wanting to change the world, just like Shrek. I can remember sitting in my high schools' parking lot with my good friend James Garret trying to figure out how to solve world hunger. We were juniors. He is currently in Jordan helping to reform the education system there with his wife, meanwhile I atempt to save the world by going as green as we can and teaching my children values, like not to kill one another for starters. I also have tried to write a few letters a week to people that have impressed me in some way. When I first got home from the hospital Emily, my sister-in-law wrote to me a few letters for a month or so to encourage me. It worked.thank you Auntie Em. I am now encouraged to follow your lead and hopefully influence and encourage others to do it too. I am reminded of  'paying it forward' and watching a program on UEN every night about ten good things that happened in the world that day.The world would certainly be a different place if we rode the positive energy wave together

No comments:

Post a Comment