Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Hardest lesson for me . . .

has been to accept help from others, yes in part it is a macho, I am the man and can take care of myself social conditioned, mindset. I was pursuing a nursing degree because of my desire to save the world and help others.. I would have liked to have believed that I would have acted like these helpful friends and family members, if the tables were turned. From my best friend, Marc Mckay taking me out to lunch the week after I was let go of my job to my better half, twin brother either calling me or putting up with me calling him everyday to check in, my aunt Becky offering to drive across the valley to take me to therapy and help put my two year old down for a nap,uncles and cousins who finished my basement, friends who provided Christmas for me and my family when I got out of the hospital, colleagues who gave up their vacation and sick time for over a year so that I could get insurance coverage and make house payments, my younger brother's in-laws, the Sorensens taking care of a new bathroom and shower that were handicap accessible,  a ward and neighborhood that made a ramp in my garage so that I could get into my home after the hospital, a faithful home teacher and friend driving to different hospitals to give me a blessing and taending to my garden for a season, sister-in-laws helping with my kids, coaching my Maxwell in tball, urging me to get on space mountain and the mattahorn while in Disney Land,anonymous donations to my charity fund at a local bank, $2,000 left in an envelop wedged in our front door, my Pa taking me to therapy and being my therapist every Friday, his day off, my mother-in-law coming every Tuesday to help with laundry and getting me to therapy.Allowing my Savor Jesus Christ to take my sins, sorrows and pain on Himself and to be cleansed through the atonement.You all give me hope.Thank you

No comments:

Post a Comment