Monday, May 4, 2015

What's New?

A simple conversation starter. It's a cultural way of thinking, in which we're looking towards the biggest and the best. C.S. Lewis wrote of the "horror of the same old thing"  in The Screwtape Letters, that helps to shed light on the subtlety of this temptation, as well as the "law of diminishing returns with novelty."
I also think of how many of my "new" ideas here are really plagerized from my readings and interactions with others.

So to answer this, summer for me is gardening, thanks to my best friend Marc Mckay's help, a trampoline for the kiddos to wear them out with fun & exercise,  and blogging on my phone, while Lex run's Abby to her rehursal,  helps costume that musical and rehurses for Annie Get Your Gun as the lead. I'm also attempting to teach my kiddos Spanish with a Spanish word of the day, this replaces my tutor Tuesday.
We now do Toilet Tuesdays where I  help the kiddos clean their bathrooms, weeding weednesdays when I recruit their help in the yard.
Therapy Thursdays are still going strong with my President Pa Baugh. I'm learning so much from teaching Come Follow Me curriculum to the 14 to 18 year olds in Sunday School with the Christensens, Audrey and Connor, AKA Bubbles. I also teach once a month in Elder's Quorum.  These lessons are always more for me than anyone else.
Let's face it, "what's the same old, same old" isn't a lead in to a conversation that we ever hear.

No comments:

Post a Comment