Friday, May 22, 2015

A year ago

I wrote on here about moving. My post is titled, "Is the rumor true? Moving explanation." Yes, I just had another DW, wrting diva moment and am quoting myself, when I read this post again this morning, I remembered the emotion of being scared to give something I know is CHAMPION, our life in West Jordan with a home we'd built and started our family in, neighbors and a ward family that we knew we would miss terribly, for the unknown. I realize now that our prayers were answered in finding our current home. I remember Lex telling me that she had prayed more about this move than anything else in her life up to that point. It reminds me of my favorite scripture in Alma 62:41, "But behold, because of the exceedingly great length of the war between the Nephites and the Lamanites many had become hardened, because of the exceedingly great length of the war; and many were softened because of their afflictions, insomuch that they did humble themselves before God, even in the depth of humility." I remember that a Sister missionary on my mission shared this in a district meeting and told us that there are two ways that we can react to our trials, 1. we can become hardened or, 2. we can humble ourselves. I'm grateful for Lex's example in humbling herself and seeking help from our Heavenly Father. 
It hasn't been all sweet smelling roses here in our new home.I miss my roll in shower room that helped me smell my best, maybe not like a rose, but you get the point. We didn't have a working AC, when we moved in, in July, which made it harder to smell CHAMPION.  We had to do some renovations, get to know our new ward family and neighbors, and  on top of those things, deal with  missing what we had become comfortable with.
There's always something, we have been dealing with the scarey possibility that one of our new neighbors, who live across the street, moved and their house was under contract to become a rehabilitation home for drug addicts. I am all for helping others, just not at the risk of my own family's safety. Lex and I were again confused at why we would've been prompted that this was the right place for us, if we were going to have our family exposed to unnecessary negative influences? Because of the effort of concerned neighbors we seem to have a new family who's buying the home, although I tried to convince my friends that it would be CHAMPION if I got to pick my neighbors, abut then again,  I would've never had met some of my closest non-neighbor friends. 
I am happy to report that our move has been yet another tender mercy in my life. The Lord's promises are sure that He'll raise up friends. I read recently on StumbleUpon the advice a father gave to his kids, that we should always make new friends and treasure old ones. we've kept in touch with  old neighbors and treasured friends, while meeting new ones too. Having family live so close to be able to help us get our kiddos to school and activities. Not to mention three tiers of garden in our backyard, walking to school and to the duck pond to feed the patos malos.

No comments:

Post a Comment