Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Be Our Guests


We had a few house guests come stay with us, this past spring. The first was my friend from my mission Aaron Christopherson. We were never companions, but we were in the same apartment for six months.He’s from California and came for his brothers wedding. Chris called me at Christmas, to ask if he could see me. I told him that this would be the most CHAMPION Christmas present. I told Lex and she insisted that he stay with us. I took him to CafĂ© Rio and we went to a movie together, but the thing that I enjoyed the most was catching up with him. When we walked into Wally-World, past my bed time at 9 ocloc, he asked me if I was alright, if he was wearing me out. When I told him that I was just tired he smiled and told me that he wasn’t going to treat me any different, as long as I was alright. Thanks my friend Chris for helping me feel normal again and having a CHAMPION time with you.
Another one of the things that Chris said to me, that I liked, was his father had told him that "he had to get old but he didn’t have to grow up". Chris said this in response to my comment that growing up is so over-ratted.
Our next house guest was my "son" from my mission, a companion that I trained. Franco Torriani is the “Bambino” Chileano from Santiago whose life-long dream has been to come to Amerca. He doesn’t know English very well and has earned the nickname of “Don Juan” from our mission Mammita, Mammita Call who is our mission president’s wife. “Don Juan" is a suave romancer.
Franco came with me to therapy, cleaned my kitchen, washed the dishes, and played with my kiddos, since he's really just an overgrown kid himself.  He fulfilled his life long dream of coming and went to General Conference. He drove Lex a bit crazy with his Chileano laid-back attitude of not having a fixed schedule for anything.
The last I heard is that he wants to do thepaper work done so that he can move here for good! He’s been offered a job, so we'll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment