Monday, May 11, 2015

Music can Sooth the Soul


l Trace Bundy was someone I never heard of, but Lexy’s school held a concert as a fundraiser and we went. He is CHAMPION  amazing. It was a concert that rivals The Bare Naked Ladies, for me. I’ve never been to a concert that the performer has been more gracious to the audience.
Trace is the real deal and does this for a living, 10 years and counting. He did his performance at Paradigm for a reduced rate for the fundraiser. I experienced talent that I’ve never imagined.
I was moved by his performance of ‘Joy and Sorrow’ but was told by Lex that I couldn’t cry. =p He told a back-story of the song, his cousin has cancer and even though she was weak, was all smiles and hugs when he surprised her with a visit. He mentioned that she lived with such a passion for life even with a terminal disease that it made him want to do so to.
I laughed myself to exhaustion when he played Dueling ‘Ninjas’ with a finger puppet of a monkey on his thumb as the referee.
He told another story of one of his friends asking him if he thought that God is impressed with his performance? He said that he did not think that God though that he was impressive,  but that He wants him to share his talent, passion and love with others. It was a CHAMPION self-check moment for me

No comments:

Post a Comment