Friday, May 22, 2015

Lifting Burdens with hope

I remember when Elder Bednar gave this talk, a few years ago General Conference and how powerful it was. I learned from my Sunday School team teachers, the Christensens, Connor and Audrey that she watches these Mormon messages online regularly, so I checked them out and was excited to see that this talk had been made into one.
I am now meeting weekly with my Elder's Quorum President Myers. I joke with him that he's my assigned friend in the ward. He comes back with, it's the other way around. That's why he's my friend, I've got high standards of my friends actually believing that I'm cool enough to be their friend. A weeks ago we were chatting and he stopped and looked up at me, taking his eyes away from his notes, one of his nicknames that I've given him is Mr. Effective. He said, you're going through a lot Curtis, and you're doing great. He reminded me not to be so hard on myself.He's become my texiting buddy and checks up on me daily. I'm a high maintenance friend. 
The Lord's promises are sure that He'll taise up friends. Prayers are answered & burdens lifted.

No comments:

Post a Comment