Tuesday, May 19, 2015

What to do with time

On the video that's my story I shared part of a thought that Lex got put on a tile for me to display in our home, it comes from President Thomas S. Monson, The whole quote is"The past is behind us, LEARN from it. The future is before us, PREPARE for it. The present is here, LIVE it.
I 've had people ask me why I am not bitter because of the accident and the limitations that it has left me with. My knee-jerk reason is that if I were bitter, it would send me over the edge and I have enough to worry about as it is. I taught in Sunday School this past February out of the "Come Follow Me" curriculum for the youth on the topic of the Plan of Salvation. I am grateful for the knowledge and happiness, both on the here and mow, as well as anticipated happiness that comes from a sincere and diligent effort to first seek out truths and then to live them. I am amazed at the spiritual maturity of the youth and am excited for their future, even in a world that provides so much resistance to their righteous desires. After all it's only through resistance can we be made stronger. T. S. Elliot said, " if you aren't in over you head, how do you know how tall you are?"
My twin bro Matt text me this thought that seems to me to sum up what to do with time. It comes from Erwin W. Lutzer's book titled, Putting the Past Behind You, "The next time Satan reminds you of your past, remind him of his future." I'm running from  bad mistakes that lead to an addiction of paralyzing entrapment , it took a car accident to wake me up. Please learn from me and don't have to have such a wake up call to live, today how you know you should.

My so amazing that it's awkward cousin Sharon Seminario chatted with me at our last Cinco de Mayo celebration at her house about how weird time is. One of my favorite sayings of Elder Haight is "the hard thing about patience is we pray for it, but we want it right now!"
I came across some funny saying by way of my new favorite App, Stumble Upon, one of them said, "Stop Killing time because time is billing you. I guess I've got a sick sense of humor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment