Friday, May 22, 2015

Reset

Again, while I was working at Neuroworx with Matt Carter,  the other therapists are going to start thinking that I'm playing favorites, and I had done a few reps of an activity well when I tensed up and my tone kicked in. He told me to stop and sit down with him for a chat. He first told me how well I was doing and then let me know that I wasn't alone, that when I get frustrated my mind and  body tense up and this is normal for TBI patients. A life lesson/skill I needed to take home was to reset when it happens.
So now when this happens, I try to stop, calm down and reset. I often repeat to myself my favorite line from Disney's Big Hero 6, Vemax says, "I am not fast." I think that we live in a super efficent world, wich is a good thing most of the time, but we, meaning that I can forget to take time to ground myself and reset. My challenge for myself is to be patient with my however limited progress & give thanks for the CHAMPION therapy that my Life is giving me. When I do, things go so much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment