Friday, September 20, 2013

J Golden Kimball's thoughts on marriage

I have a friend in my ward that shares the last pew with me and my family. Elise Christensen started exchanging books with me about a year or so ago and I love it,the latest one was 'The Golden Legacy' about J. Golden Kimball. With all of the weddings in my family this past month,2 to be exact, My mother-in-law suggested that I share this found in 'The Golden Legacy, A Folk History of J. Golden Kimball:
. "When J. Golden had been married only a few years, he filled a speaking engagement one spring to a large group of young men and women of he Mutual Improvement Association. Many of the group were together on dates, he could easily see. "This is June, the mating season," he said, "Now some of you are thinking about getting hitched, and you think you have found an angel. Well, I want to warn you not to expect too damn much of each other and then maybe you won't be disappointed. When I got married, I thought that I married an angel. And many a times since, I wish to Hell I had."
We laugh and said that we should have had this copied and printed out for everyone at the weddings, at the very least for the newly weds.

No comments:

Post a Comment