Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Excuseless

I am without excuses more and more in my life as therapy and life are enabling me to do more. Saturday, I went with my twin brother and his family to a stake primary activity and then swimming at Uncle Mike's pool. A few months ago my stamina would have allowed me to do one and not the other.
Yesterday, I put a soiled blanket in the washer and then in the dryer.
I gave my wheelchair the day off a few days ago.
My cane is not in use upstairs at all when I walk to my bedroom at night or when I wake up and get downstairs in the morning.
About a year or go or so, Lex picked up the book 'No Excuses' for me. I devoured it and am grateful for the courage and example of those who face the challenges of life and use them as building blocks to enable their success. My cousin Tiffany Chidester shared with me that her son, my hero Tristan Chidester is cancer free! Talk about a CHAMPION. I shared with my therapist Amy at Neuroworx yesterday that if you look for inspiration in your life, you do not have to look far. She agreed.

No comments:

Post a Comment