Saturday, March 1, 2014

Pulled from the wreckage of my pre-accident life

I have always had to find meaning in Life's therapy, a blessing and a curse at times. With the car 'bump,' as we call it with my kids, I was off course with my life and needed a wake up call, now I do not believe in a God who causes bad things to happen. I do believe in a Father in Heaven who loves us as His children and wants us to reach our potential to return to live as He does by giving us the gift of agency. That means that we are free to choose our actions, but not the consequences.I like Nephi do not understand all things, but I do know that God our Heavenly Father loves us (1Nephi 11:17).
Life is not what happens to us, rather life is what we make happen out of the circumstances that happen to be ours.
In fast and testimony meeting Amy Etherington a neighbor shared that, "Life just sucks sometimes and that there are no answers to our whys."she shared how a friend of the family died at 41, leaving his wife and four children. she continued to share how three years to the day of his passing his 11 year old daughter was told that she had terminal bone cancer.
We continued this theme of trials in Sunday School with Jake Wierman teaching about the Willy&Martin handcart companies.
I was meeting with my Bishop, Jeremy Sorenson and he made the comment that he was excited to see the "mansion" that was being prepared for me. I explained to him that I was not expecting a place with a view in heaven, if I make it there. He was quick to explain that his idea of "mansions" were the relationships that we form here. I couldn't agree more. According to that I am one of the ""richest" man that has ever lived.
I am finding that everyone has sinned, Romans 3:10-12; 23-26. I also know that we are better off if we do not. from my own life I find that detox is not for quitters. I also have found that I can be my own worst enemy; ruthlessly cold and impatient, if I choose to live in toxicity of self-criticism about the past.

No comments:

Post a Comment