Tuesday, March 4, 2014

JFK&G:

Just For Kicks and Giggles: This is one of my therapists sayings. Mike is CHAMPION to say the least, he loves to be the 'peanut gallery' when anyone else is working with me to help them watch out for all my CHAMPION compensating that I do. Anywho, I liked his saying and thought it would serve as a catchy title for a collection of things that have caused me to giggle:
Before starting with that, one of my other favorite sayings of Mikey's, "defiantly maybe."
My Cole-Cole turned three, but was extremely ornery, even for him, on his big day. when he was asked how old he was he would say, "I'm just nufin!" or my favorite, "I'm 5! Just like Max."
For Christmas my sister in law got me a few t-shirts from lolshirts.com. I love wearing them to therapy, check them out and laugh out loud, it is therapeutic. I have the "If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic and "Dear Karma" ones.
At therapy, i swear for all the physical gains I have made at Neuroworx, which are miracles, I am most grateful for the social & comic therapy I get there. Sorry, sidetracked, again, Matt Hanson comes up to me and tells me that he likes my "DORK" t-shirt the best. stating, "Curtis you are a CHAMPION DORK." I had an in-depth conversation with Jen about politics and our broken system. she is smarter than I am, no surprise there, and proposed that a cap on funding for elections would be a good start. I laughed and asked her to write me an essay about it. She came back with expecting on from me, I should get on that . . .
Kate, at therapy cheerfully greeted me with, "Curtis, you are so clean!" I guess I should start shaving more often.
I finally get a hold of my twin brother only to find out that his wife Jenn had sent him a text earlier "call me ASAP." He was in a meeting and couldn't help to think of all the terrible things that could have happened, when he called her, Jenn explained that she only was out of sight for three minutes and she "cut her. . ."  Matt was worried and inserted an ER ending and couldn't help to laugh when Jenn finished with "Lizzy cut her own hair!" I laughed being uniquely able to understand both sides.
My Coleman takes a cup with some water in it and turns it upside down spilling water all over the table, befoe I calm myself down, I am yelling,"Think McFly, think!" I start laughing at myself and at the situation because none of my kids would understand the reference to Back to the Future
On Valentine's day my sweet Abby made me a valentine on a yellow heart that read:"Curtis whellchar Dorkis, sleepy. you will always love me. I love you." At first I was sad that the first description of me was my "whellchar," but was quickly overwhelmed by the sense that I had done something right, she knows that I will always love her as her dorkish and sleepy dad.
My older Brother's wife, Shannon called me to ask me for Lex's number and I was able to ask her how things are going for them in Albuquerque, New Mexico. She told me that they went out  with Neal's home teaching companion and a couple that they home teach. Neal offered to make dinner reservations for them, when his companion responded that the guys should go work out at the gym together before and then they could do karaoke and finish with ice skating!She was laughing so hard, that she was almost crying into the phone when she said, "You should have seen Neal's face! He said if only they would have added 'charades,' this would be my worst nightmare." I texted him the day after and he cooly replied that it went "surprisingly well."I am not sure what you have done with my older brother Shannon, but I do not know this guy anymore and like him.
When in doubt always ask, I was on the locomat at Neuroworx and the therapists noticed that my left foot was landing awkwardly. They laughed with each other, chuckling a, "that's weird, but it is Curtis." Later on I mentioned to Kate that she really did smell clean, thanks to my super power of super smell from my Baugh nose. I was able to detect this. She replied that she wished that she had such a super power so that she would always know if she smelled bad or not. Mikey suggested," or you could have an 'honest to a fault friend,' like Curtis." We then had to play name the movie that, 'honest to a fault' comes from. which is The Odd Life of Timothy Green.' On highly suggested to see by me if you haven't already.
Back on the locomat my left knee started to pinch a bit on every initiation of stance phase. I mentioned this to Kate and Mikey, they assessed and made a few changes, but the pinching continued ever so slightly. Later on Mikey commented, "everything looks fine, I hope that the pain doesn't have any lingering after effect." As he laughed I laughed back saying, "you are only laughing when you say that because it is not your leg!"
At home, a few hours later when Lex got home she asked, Why is your foot swollen?" in a concerned tone that was followed by suggestions to take care of it. A quick text to Dr. Pa Baugh had me iced up and laying on the floor so as to elevate my left foot. Lex suggested that I sleep on the couch on our main floor so that I didn't have to worry about coming down the stairs in the morning. Ah, "lingering after effects." to live and learn from. No worries my foot is back to CHAMPION, normal size.
I failed to mention that I did several laps with my Pa and then had my brace off for the rest of the day after therapy and could have easily have twisted it here at home.
Pa always takes Cole-Cole to Sam's Club with him to get gas while I get stretched and set up on the locomat. Coleman loves this one on one time with Grandpa and they always come back with a story of what handout they were able to sample, as well as what show was on all the display TVs. Pa has told me several times that my Colester is the happiest kid, with an empty stomach and two empty legs, because of the amount of pancakes that he puts away before we leave, the samples of cinnabuns, applesauce and muffins eatten, when you get to be with one of your favorite person for a morning and he as well as everyone in a store where the "crazy lion show" is playing, Madagascar is giving you something good to eat, what's not to be happy about?
Pa, when he has them in stock, always gives Coleman one of his tooth suckers and leaves one for Max and Abby, as well as another one for him when they get theirs, Pa had six kids after all and know how the fairness scale works to a three year old.So, the tooth suckers have become a special treat. If Pa forgets he will be asked several times, if brought and I put them some where only to forget about them. I am very good at putting things in a special place that I will only think to remember, if only I always remembered where I hid them from myself. Coleman, the day after such an nonremembering experience, asked me accusingly, "Did you really eat Abby's tooth sucker?"
Note: "tooth suckers" are suckers that my Pa gets that have a teeth cleaning agent in them and they are in the shape of a tooth.
My Amers came back into town with her family because her husband, Blake had more interviews here.I am so excited to get them back here when that happens.While they were in Washington St. at Gonzaga for law school, Blake had a good friend that he would study with and would help him with getting to the airport, one time Amy mentioned that she was glad that Blake had, Roger, this friend, but the way that she said it made it sound like he was his imaginary friend.It has become a family joke, "How's Roger doing, Blake?" He is a good sport to put up with me.
I am gaining weight, some of the good kind and the other gut kind as well, I laugh at not being able to fit in my jeans, something that is relate-able for many people, but for a skinny kid growing up, this is an unexpected problem, so I have more of an appetite than I ever had in my life. The other night I was the first to finishmy dinner, so Lex had me lick off the brownie batter from the beaters. I made sure to do this as messily as possible, getting the chocolate batter all over my face to my kids delight.
Lex is crazy busy, nothing new here, but as she was in the kitchen this morning, almost tripping over me to get out the door to leave, she noticed the crunching sound that she was making because of the dinner that we had last night that called for smashed croutons. When she paused long enough to ask if I could help her by cleaning the floor today, she threw a wooden spatula that she had been using to stir her chocolate instant breakfast into the sink, which was full, so it bounced out and landed onto the now sticky and crunchy floor. we both laughed as she asked again. Keep laughing and smiling Babe, I will too as I clean the floor.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment