Sunday, March 2, 2014

practical progress

I only now understand that I am not going to wake up tomorrow and be perfect, physically, mentally, emotionally or even spiritually(another big ah-ha moment for me, better late then never, Eh?). Call it a lack of faith, or faith in the plan of happiness, as I like to spin it. Happiness is a journey, that I find requires persistent work and triumphs over giving our wills to our Heavenly Father.
I spoke with my Stake President about how things are going for me. I love President Jacobsen and his practical approach to living the gospel. He was so kind and understanding as we spoke of my limitations and challenges. He was sure to not only bring up, but to emphasize the strengths that he sees in me. At the end of our meeting he asked, "Have I told you that I love you?Have I told you that I am proud of you?" and there was one more that I forgot. It was CHAMPION to meet with him.
He discussed in detail how it is the Savior's plan to help us when we fall to enable us to be better than we were before. he stressed that I didn't need "rocket fuel, just diesel to be constantly moving in the right direction." We read the account in Mosiah chapter 4 abot the people of King Benjamin and their desire to apply the atonement to their lives. Primary answers: Desire and fervent prayer. He asked me how my scripture study was going and counseled me not to worry about more time, 20-30 min was good, but to do it in the morning to start my day out right. One of the many life lessons that I should be taking from my mission.
I have the right answers, onward and upward in application.

No comments:

Post a Comment