Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A look at gender roles

For me, not anyone else. I have struggled with this my whole life. I have wanted to be what I thought was masculine; take charge, athletic, strong,determined confident guy. I grew up feeling like the 'runt' and was always more prone to practice the piano than to play ball.
I grew up in a family where my mom was able to be home with us and my Pa worked 6 days a week. They both supported each other in the nurturer and provider roles.
I felt successful in my job before and even after the accident at KUED, but because of budget cuts my position was sacked. Lex loves her job as a mentor at Paradigm High School were she teaches Theater and core English classes. I am at home with the Colester, Abby and Maxwell when they get home from school. making them do the things my mom did when I got home:1. wash your hands. 2. Get a healthy snack. 3. Tell me about your day. 4. do homework.I am not as good as my friend Joe Fernandez who does the cooking in his home. Lex still takes that on after a full day at work, Brillancy strikes everyday!

No comments:

Post a Comment