Saturday, March 8, 2014

"Take Strength From Those that Need You."

From Disney's Tarzan Much strength, have I. Lex and I have decided that for our family it is best if one of us is home with the kids,  or in the case of our Colester the kid, we are fortunate to be able to do thisIn Tuesday's with Morrie, he explains to Mitch that,"If you want the experience of having complete responsibility for another human being and learn how to love and bond in the deepest way, then you have children. "  I draw my strength from my kids, here are some examples:
 Abby:I have special one-on-one time with my Abby Girl every weekend in the mornings, she comes and crawls into bed with me and we just chat about anything and everything. I love this time. Helps me do my hair and tie on Sundays, or at least gives me a thumbs up or thumbs down, and loves me even when I am a dork, the t-shirt that she will always pick out for me has it spelled in red, capital letters.
Maxwell: Helps me when he sees me trying to do something with one good arm that he can easily do, claps when I walk in the house without my hiking pole, and is constantly pestering me to tickle him again!
Coleman: Giving me a run for the money, as he out smarts me and he is only three. He does love me, a fact that I am constantly reminding myself and get to see once every week, when my Pa drops me off to therapy and goes to run an errand or two with him. My Pa has told me that he breaks down crying, saying, "I need my daddy!"
It is nice to be needed. I long to belong and in a world of strangers belong here with my family.




No comments:

Post a Comment