Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Mission Memoirs: Return with honor #7

With the experience of having my first native companion under my belt, I was transferred to Antofagasta to be companions with elder Manzano from Columbia.We worked hard to be an example companionship to the other Elders we lived with and that were in our district. We had a great ward to work with and some families invited us to teach their friends. The zone leader there kept teasing me that in the next transfer I was headed to replace on of the zone leaders on his way out. I passed it off as him trying to keep me motivated to work hard and didn't think much of it until transfers came, all too soon, and I was called to be the zone leader in Tocapilla, a town on the coast that existed because of it's power plant that supplied the power to the inland mines. I was terrified again, but knew that as President Thomas S. Monson promised, “When we are on the Lord’s errand, we are entitled to the Lord’s help. Remember that whom the Lord calls, the Lord qualifies.(Duty Calls, May Ensign 1996)” "I also knew that “But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise: and God has chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty.” (1 Cor. 1:27.)

A warning for all of us who feel weak:He will use us, as long as we are willing. I learned love as I have never experienced in my service.This is why I write about my mission; The growth I experienced there serves me everyday as a foundation for continued growth in service. It is something that I own, apart from anyone else. It was my two years to give.

No comments:

Post a Comment