Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Looking back

I broke my phone that had the Evernote app on it, which I used to keep notes for these posts.I am still trying to figure out my new phone, It is hard when your phone is smarter than you are. It was comforting to have this app for the times when I woke up with a brilliant idea and did not want to forget it.
I am amazed at the hope that has replaced fear, It has not been easy, but I have had the greatest motivation of a loving family and a commitment to being as CHAMPION as they deserve. I never thought that there would be a time when I would be able to say: I remember when . . .
I was afraid to walk around the block
 Coleman was in diapers
I couldn't get upstairs to sleep in my bed
My Abby was afraid to swim
'Sundowning' was not just some Psych term, but a daily personal mental battle
I couldn't shower by myself
I thought that I couldn't read
I would miss running("People run for fun?"-Back tot he Future)
That I used to feel exhausted all the time
It is important for me to see how far I have come, as I have a tendency to only look at how far I have yet to go.The view just keeps getting better and better, do to the increase in ability,the price paid for it knowing that I am not alone, and the enabling power of the atonement. My twin brother Matt text me this quote from Elder Maxwell, "The perks of discipleship are such that if we see a stretch limousine pulling up we know it is not for us. God's plan is not the plan of pleasure, it is the plan of happiness.(Oct. 200)" I add my humble testimony to his.

No comments:

Post a Comment