Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Retun with Honor; Mission Memoires #5

I was transferred from the resort town on the northern boarder of my mission to the southern end in a city called La Serena to be with Elder Tello, from Logan,Utah, and reopen up an area, Elder Tello kept reminding me that this was a goldmine of an area because no missionaries had been there for a few years. He was right, I loved serving in this area and found great success. We were able to teach and baptize our "mamita's" boyfriend Carlos, who knew of the church, but never had shown any interest. I remember teaching Wifredo, a known gangster, and his whole family.When my mother came and picked me up from Chile at the end of my mission, I was sure that we visited this town with amazing converts. I was in la Serena when my mission president was released at the end of his three year calling and President Call was called to serve over us.It was also when the 9/11 terrorist attacks happened. I remember walking the streets of this town and members calling us over in the street to tell us what had happened through their tears.
Elder Tello taught me how to look for the positive and work hard with what you have been given. Again, doing so brought much joy and continues to o so.

No comments:

Post a Comment