Saturday, November 23, 2013

Regardless

Of wanting everyday to be CHAMPION, everyday is not, nor should I expect life to provide that, something about variety being the spice of life. I have been fretting over this post because I want to be positive.In that light, my Pa gave me a quote from Gordon B. Hinckley found in the November 1989 Ensign issue, "Please don't nag yourself with thoughts of failure. Do not set goals far beyond your capacity to achieve. Simply do what you can do, in the best way you know, and the Lord will accept of your effort."
The comments in my wards Sunday school class lead to a neighbor stating that it would be nice if we were 'real' here at church, she laughed as she confessed that some days she stays in her pjs all day. A friend of mine and Lexy's from high school as come over to be with me because with her first she was on bedrest for a few months. when asked how she likes her ward, she replied that it was nice because people are 'real'  there.In the J Golden Kimball book I am reading he is quoted as saying, "be yourself, but be your best self" In replying that I am CHAMPION, I do not want to come across as a fake, or someone masquerading perfection. I am trying to become what I sometimes pretend to be. Screwtape warns his nephew about us humans, "They often become what they pretend to be."

No comments:

Post a Comment