Monday, November 4, 2013

Bliss & Life

My sister-in-law has this quote on her fridge from President Gordon B. Hinkley,"Anyone who imagines that bliss is normal is going to waste a lot of time running around yelling that he's been robbed, the fact is that most putts don't drop, most beef is tough, most children grow up to be just people, most successful marriages require a high degree of mutual toleration, Most jobs are more often than dull than otherwise. Life is like an old-time rail journey. . . . delays, sidetracks, smoke dust, cinders and jolts, interspersed only occasionally by by beautiful vistas and thrilling bursts of speed. The trick is to thank the Lord for letting you have the ride." Thank you Aunty Em for having this reminder in your home and then texting it to me to share here.
I think of my grandma Morgan. who turned 80 last month and am grateful for the beautiful vistas I have shared with her and my family. I have decided that any thrilling bursts of speed that require a helmet are now going to be experienced by me only by proxy through my kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment